WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog that highlights my love of art and anything vintage. I hope you enjoy looking at my projects and don't forget to take advantage of the free images I post.
Love Your Comments!

Sunday, June 27, 2010

This is the stupidist tea party I ever saw!

Hey, I didn't say it...this is actual text from a vintage book I have that includes the Alice In Wonderland story.  I personally never liked Alice and the story but when I got this little teapot (for free) at a garage sale, I knew that it had Alice's name written all over it.  I found the line in the Alice book and the rest is history as they say. 
I have been looking to alter little objects for a quick create fix since I just finished my altered box for the Yearlong Workshop group I am in.  So, what better way then to dress up some vintage bottles of which I have many.  Here is the first bottle I made.  It's entitled "fly" and I used vintage paper from a music book, a cutout of a swallow from a vintage bird book, and I made the nest with some wire and blue beads.  I had seen a lot of examples lately of artists making their own bird nests using wire and so I tried my hand at my own.  Here is how it turned out...


A few more bottles I've done recently and one I am currently working on.  It is an inkwell and I am using an old barrette to decorate the front of the bottle.  It's in progress, but will post the pictures when it is done.  Oh, I also thought I would include a picture of all my bling.  I just love these old costume jewelry pieces and digging through the old jewelry box gives me inspiration when I feel like I have none. 


2 comments:

KarenMC said...

I love your bottles and bling. So pretty. Thanks for posting the free photos.

peggy gatto said...

Simply wonderful bottles and I happen to love your teapot!!!

Post a Comment

More ATC's

More ATC's

Wallflower ATC

Wallflower ATC

Number Confusion ATC

Number Confusion ATC

Followers