WELCOME!

Welcome to my blog that highlights my love of art and anything vintage. I hope you enjoy looking at my projects and don't forget to take advantage of the free images I post.
Love Your Comments!

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Who Doesn't Love Tim?

Like most people I know from the art world, we love Tim Holtz products and I have been adding to my supplies on a regular basis.   I now have too many Distress ink pads to leave just laying on my work space and have recycled a Christmas themed gift box that a bottle of wine came in.  I think I bought the box at the Goodwill for less than a dollar some months back and it just happened to be the perfect size to hold the ink pads. 


I used lots of Tim's other papers, inks, and tissue tape when creating the box and I have a bunch of vintage rip-off tickets that I used on the inside edge of the front cover.  I think they fit in will with the overall theme.  There are two holes in the top that used to have a rope going through them to use as a handle, but I have asked my husband to put in a couple of long screws that will stick up through the top that I can use to hold my tissue tape rolls.  This should help to clean up part of my workbench.  

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! I love this what a wonderful idea..
thanks for sharing..

Erin Glee said...

Your Distress Pad storage box is really great looking and I like the verticle aspect, (smaller footprint)! Beautiful! If you are good with a computer, and you must be to have a blog, you can download the color names at Ranger.com. I just use white stickers cut the the size of the pad case edge, write or rubber stamp the color name, and then swipe the color over it and seal with a clear glue. Makes getting the color pad you want much easier, but you still have to lift the ones on top of it off to get it out. I'm trying to make something like you did, but with a shelf for each pad... not going so well : (

Anonymous said...

fabulous idea! luv your work!

cher from ATT

Leslie said...

Great idea!!! Beautifully done

2amscrapper said...

extremely creative and clever!

Inge Bekaert said...

Hello Marianna,

a great idea and you embellished it so nicely : it's a joy to have in your craftroom !

greetings from belgium
Inge

Dorothy said...

Very cool!!!

Peggy said...

Oh, this is awesome!!! Gorgeously vintage and wonderfully functional, thanks so much for this idea!!!!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful job. That'll look great open or closed!

Laurel said...

That is soooo cool! Thanks for the inspiration!

Pam said...

Sweet!

Unknown said...

Nice job! Isn't vertical storage the best?!

Kim said...

What a great idea!!! And I have a Scotch Box...Thank you thank you! You have given me agreat idea, and freed up some space on my desk as well!

Post a Comment

More ATC's

More ATC's

Wallflower ATC

Wallflower ATC

Number Confusion ATC

Number Confusion ATC

Followers